Sunday, September 21, 2008

ACL Festival Returns This Week

The Austin City Limits Festival returns this week, taking place on the same weekend as MidPoint. While I'd love to be in Austin next weekend, I'm happy to say that I'd rather be at home and at MidPoint.

You can't deny the amazingness of ACL's lineup, however, MidPoint's got a pretty amazing lineup as well.

I was lucky enough to be able to attend the ACL 2006 Festival, and the trip to Texas was quite an experience. I'll make it back there one day. I often tell myself that one day I'll move there.

Former Cincinnatians, Heartless Bastards, are playing two shows while down in Austin, with their brand new lineup.

For any locals making the trip to Austin, be sure to check out the Bastards on Sunday, at 5:15 Texas time.

Now for my highlights of ACL's 2008 lineup: Plant and Krauss, Manu Chao, David Byrne, Raconteurs, Mars Volta, Conor Oberst, Robert Earl Keen, Patty Griffin, Iron & Wine, G. Love, Band of Horses, Swell Season, Gogol Bordello, Black Keys, Jakob Dylan, Okkervil River, Galactic with Chali 2na, Sharon Jones, Vampire Weekend, Blues Traveler, Drive-By Truckers, Yonder Mountain, Old 97's, Stars, Jose Gonzalez, Man Man, MGMT, Fratellis, What Made Milwaukee Famous, M. Ward, Mason Jennings, Heartless Bastards, Xavier Rudd, Donavon Frankenreiter, Fleet Foxes, Abigail Washburn, Rodney Crowell, Mates of State (also playing MidPoint), Ryan Bingham, Colour Revolt, Langhorne Slim, AA Bondy (also playing MidPoint), Mike Farris, and American Bang.

No comments: