Thursday, September 25, 2008

MidPoint Has Arrived!!!

In just under three hours, the 7th annual MidPoint Music Festival will kick off with a free show on Fountain Square from local rising alt/pop/rock stars, Seabird.

After that, more than fifty bands will play at 15 venues tonight, spread throughout downtown, Over-the-Rhine and Northern Kentucky's Southgate House. Too bad I can't be in fifty places at once!

Robert Pollard from Guided By Voices is marking the debut of his new project, Boston Spaceships, tonight at the Southgate House. It features another GBV member and the drummer from The Decemberists.

I've got a schedule planned out, but who knows exactly what will happen!

When I get back home tonight, I'll be working on my site, with reviews, pictures and some video shots. Your best bet is to probably check back tomorrow for my coverage of day one of the festival.

No comments: