Saturday, September 20, 2008

Hmmm...Who could possibly be playing MidPoint's Secret Show

All we know is that the secret band is said to be a "dance-rock" band.

After some searching on the internet, I've come up with a few ideas of who it might be. I was really hoping it would've been MGMT, but they won't be anywhere near Cincinnati next week (though that doesn't mean they can't get on a plane and fly across the country).

I also looked into the possibility of all the other "big name" dance/rock bands I could think of: !!!, Annuals, Dan Deacon, DJ Shadow, Does It Offend You Yeah?, Foals, Islands, Klaxons, LCD Soundsystem, MSTRKRFT, The Ting Tings, Tortoise, We Are Scientists and You Say Party! We Say Die! - sadly, it's looking like none of these will happen either because they are currently touring, not touring or are out of the country.

So, I had to narrow it down to the only bands I could think of, that could possibly happen. Those bands are: Datarock, Hot Chip, Justice and VHS or Beta.

It may not even be a band of similar stature, as the previous mentioned bands.

The only other thing I can think of is that it's a project that features Bootsy Collins. Actually, now that I think about it, I have to say that this could be very likely. Bootsy Collins recently joined forces with Buckethead, who happens to play the Southgate House, the day after MidPoint. I'm just not sure how "dance-rock" Bootsy and Buckethead are.

Just had another thought. Two other possibilities: Temposhark or Partyshank. These two up-and-coming electronic bands, were originally on MidPoint's lineup in the very beginning, and at some point in time, they disappeared from the list. Could this mean anything?

Feel free to send me your thoughts at naterosing@yahoo.com

No comments: