Thursday, October 30, 2008

Let the 2009 Bonnaroo Rumors Begin...

Okay...so it's not even November and already, rumors have taken flight, about who may play the mid-June music festival which draws nearly 100,000 people to a small town in Tennessee.

There are plenty of music festivals that take place during the summer concert season, so I'm hoping to make my third trip to the farm next summer.

There's a place on the internet, Inforoo, where the 'Roo addicts flock to, in the offseason (also known as the time of year that Bonnaroo isn't taking place, which would be 361 days out of the year).

The official artist lineup is usually released anywhere from the end of January, all the way up until mid-February, with artist additions usually lasting up until the end of May.

If you remember when I was putting together my coverage/guide for MidPoint, then I'll tell you that I'll most likely be doing a similar thing for Bonnaroo 2009. I'm a member on Inforoo, and for the past several years, I have followed the Bonnaroo rumors/confirmations year round, as information was leaked.

I even had some speculations of my own/a wishlist you could say, and for the past several years, I have guessed a few of the bands that ended up playing the festival. As a music lover who has studied all of the Bonnaroo lineups, it really doesn't seem to hard to guess some of (or the types of bands) that Bonnaroo books.

Anyways...rumors are starting to fly, and it's very possible that we have the first confirmed bands to play. Here's what's going on:

Bands "Apparently" Confirmed:
Red Hot Chili Peppers (oh god no...yuck!)

Spiritualized (yeah!!!)

Strong Rumors:
AC/DC

The Allman Brothers Band - they canceled last year due to Greg Allman's health, and a lot of people are speculating that they will be making up for that gig, in 2009

The Cure

The Dead

Phish

My wishlist/guesses/hopes
(I guarantee you right now, AT LEAST ONE of these bands will be playing Bonnaroo 2009):
Animal Collective
Arcade Fire
Backyard Tire Fire
Band of Horses
Bloc Party
Cafe Tacvba
Coldplay
Conor Oberst
Dave Matthews Band
David Byrne
Does It Offend You, Yeah?
Explosions in the Sky
Fleet Foxes
Ha Ha Tonka
Heartless Bastards
Holy F*ck
Islands
Justice
The Mars Volta
M. Ward
Neil Young
Okkervil River
Old 97's
The Polyphonic Spree
Radiohead
Roger Waters
Saul Williams
The Shins
Spank Rock

No comments: