Friday, October 24, 2008

Old Crow Medicine Show Tonight - Joseph Arthur on Sunday

Well, I was hoping that I'd be going to see Old Crow Medicine Show tonight at the Madison, but once again, my place of work failed to give me the night off, so I'm pretty upset that I won't be there because, well, they're awesome. It's okay though, I'll make it through.

I will be catching Joseph Arthur for the first time, at Molly Malone's on Sunday night. Okay, so maybe I became a fan when I first heard his pop hit "In the Sun" on the tv show, Scrubs, but that's a damn good song, and even Michael Stipe of REM and Chris Martin of Coldplay couldn't recreate the song to be as good as the original. Totally psyched about this intimate, stripped down show that Arthur will be playing, probably a solo acoustic show or something. I don't think his band, the Lonely Astronauts, will be with him. Should be amazing.

No comments: