Monday, October 6, 2008

Song of the Day

Every night, I'll be posting my song of the day. This will basically be a song that I heard, that for whatever reason, stood out from all the other songs I heard that day. Maybe this song made my day complete or something.

I'll try and provide you with a link to buy or download the song via the internet. Hope you enjoy and take advantage.

Song of the Day

My Morning Jacket - "Across 110 St." - Bobby Womack cover - Live at Bonnaroo 2008

This may be from the greatest My Morning Jacket show ever. Unfortunately, I was not there. But I have seen them, so I can only imagine how it went down.

For nearly four hours, My Morning Jacket dominated the late night crowd at Bonnaroo 2008, bringing together metalheads, indie hipsters and jamband hippies.

They did this by playing over thirty songs, having a few guest appearances and playing several cover songs.

I came across this song, randomly, as I was browsing through my iPod. In this particular song, we see Jim James and company, taking on disco music.

I'm not positive that I've heard the orginal. It seems vaguely familiar, but it's just not that clear. I'll have to search for it.

I'm not sure what it is about this version of this song, but My Morning Jacket nails it for me.

Did I mention that they are joined by the Nashville & Louisville Horns?

No comments: