Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ben Folds or Dark Star Orchestra?

There are two good rock shows happening in the tri-state area tonight:

1. Ben Folds at the Cintas Center at Xavier University
2. Dark Star Orchestra at the Madison Theater in Covington, KY

I have actually opted to go with Dark Star Orchestra, who I've already seen a few times. They do a wonderful job recreating the Grateful Dead concert experience, and I'll take that since I never got to see the real Dead. Just close your eyes and you'll think you've been transported back to 1969.

Ben Folds is a fun act in a live setting because he's very spontaneous. But after seeing him more than a few times in concert, things are bound to go stale. I'm hoping for either another Ben Folds Five reunion or a get together of The Ben's, which also includes Ben Kweller and Ben Lee.

No comments: