Friday, February 27, 2009

I Should Mention Coachella

You can probably tell that I'm kind of obsessed with Bonnaroo, but I asure you that I could have just as good of a time at any music festival.

I have not mentioned anything on Coachella yet, so let me give that festival some props. That is how they speak in Cali, isn't it?

While Bonnaroo is stereotyped for having poor, hippie fans, Coachella is stereotyped as having the rich, yuppies from L.A. and southern California. Even Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan have been seen at the festival.

Those statements aren't completely accurate, nor are they relevant in any way. I guess it could change the crowd vibe a bit, but whatever...

So, what I really want to say is, "Good job, Coachella!" You've created a stellar lineup once again, and you even got My Bloody Valentine to reunite. It's just too bad that I live in the midwest, close to the east coast and Bonnaroo happens to be a state away. I guess I'm just the poor, hippie type that goes to Bonnaroo.

Paul McCartney's headlining Friday, The Killers are on Saturday and The Cure is closing the festival out on Sunday. Other performers include Morrissey, My Bloody Valentine, Thievery Corporation, Franz Ferdinand, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, TV on the Radio, Leonard Cohen, Paul Weller, Band of Horses, Fleet Foxes, Peter Bjorn & John, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Conor Oberst, the Black Keys, the Hold Steady, M. Ward, Okkervil River, Jenny Lewis, the Gaslight Anthem and Cloud Cult.

If I lived anywhere near California, trust me, I'd be there or Sasquatch. To put it simply, I can only afford one major music festival a year. I'm kind of poor. I can't afford to travel across the country, even though I know the festival will be truly remarkable.

No comments: