Friday, February 27, 2009

Rock Concert Cancels Classes in New York

I ran across this interesting story on the music blog, Brooklyn Vegan. Thought I'd share it with you.

Rumor has it that on Friday, March 6, U2 will be performing a "secret" show at Fordham University. The band is playing "The Late Show with David Letterman" for the week of March 2-6.

Professors have been encouraged by the administration to cancel classes that Friday morning, for "security purposes." To attend the concert, or go anywhere near the campus that day, you will be required to have a university ID.

It always seemed like to me, that Bono thought he was some kind of King. You know you saw that South Park episode. Looks like they'll be getting the royal treatment.

I'd be a hypocrite if I said I never put music before school, but isn't this sending a wrong message?

No comments: