Sunday, March 8, 2009

Wayne Coyne Rips Into Arcade Fire

So I stumbled upon this article from RollingStone.com about Wayne Coyne (of the Flaming Lips) giving a big "F You!" to Win Butler and company from Arcade Fire.

Frankly, I don't really care about this story. Just wanted to share it with you guys.

I love the Flaming Lips and I love Arcade Fire. I saw Arcade Fire up in Columbus a couple years ago (the final leg of the Neon Bible tour) and it was one of the best shows I saw that year.

I've had two opportunities to see the Lips, both at music festivals, but because of schedule conflicts, I chose the other bands. At ACL 2006 the Lips played against Ben Harper, and I'm a bigger Harper fan, so I chose him. The worst thing was the fact that I missed the Lips latenight show at Bonnaroo 2007, where they landed a UFO on stage, with Wayne rolling out into the crowd in his plastic bubble.

While this story may be somewhat of a waste, I was glad to read Win Butler's response. You can find his response by going to the Arcade Fire site, clicking on "Win" in the upperleft, then clicking on "Win's Scrapbook." I tried to make a link, but for whatever reason it doesn't take you exactly to his scrapbook.

No comments: